Architecture business ideas
Architecture business ideas are among the most lucrative professional businesses around the world. Architecture is both the process and product of planning, designing and construction. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements. Architecture blends the art of design and the science of engineering. Architects plan structures suitable for people to live, work, shop and worship; they are often involved in the design of building complexes and their surroundings. They may plan entire neighborhoods or design buildings that become cultural monuments
Education and Training RequiredEquipments Required
Most states require architects to be trained in a program approved by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). These programs generally result in a minimum of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.). There are three main steps in becoming an architect. First is the attainment of a professional degree in architecture. Second is work experience through an internship, and third is to obtain a license through the passing of the Architect Registration Exam.
- Computers-Most architects work extensively with computers, using them to develop design ideas or draft construction documents using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Large Format Printers or Plotters-Architects typically work with large-format drawings on 24 by 36-inch or larger paper.
- Digital camera-to document existing site conditions for future reference or for use in presentation images.
- Measuring tapes or laser measuring tools-to take accurate measurements on site, ensuring that designs are accurate and feasible.
- Sketching Materials-Even with computer software advancements, it is often quicker and easier for an architect to carry a sketchbook to jot down important notes and brainstorm design ideas as they occur. Tracing paper is still commonly used to sketch design modifications over existing drawings.
Before starting any business, it is always advisable to draw a business plan that will guide you while setting your business goals and a breakdown on how you will acheive those goals with your current budget. A business plan need not be too complicated. Just a simple and short business plan will be enough.
The Market/marketingArchitecture Business ideas Tips
There is a huge market in the building industry for architects right from government project to private homes. The most effective marketing method for architects is through word of mouth and refferrals.
Related architecture business ideas.
- Being a proffessional and demanding business, you need to be very passionate about drawing and design to enjoy working in this industry.
- If you are currently working, you can start this business as a part time venture and then go full time after you have made enough contacts.
- Partnering with a fellow architect can bring synergy into the business
- I would also advice you to start off by targeting a particular niche that will give you an edge over others e.g hospitals.
- If you want to venture into this, I would also advice you to develop a very informative website about architecture and what you offer. Websites are known to bring in new customers even outside your territorial borders.
- Start an architecture magazine
- Develop / sell architecture software programs
- Start an architecture school
- Start an architecture journal
- Write / sell architecture books
- Start architectural supplies business
You are on architecture business ideas page. click here for more business ideas